Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Newly discovered pictures



Flipping through a stack of CD's on my computer desk, I found an unusual blank CD with no label on it. After inserting into my computer I realized I had found the pictures that Shigetaka, the father of the grandchildren in my host family had taken for me. In the CD are pictures from our trip to Nagoya Castle, Meijimura, and a Chunichi Dragons Baseball game (They creamed those Tokyo Giants 14-4! Note:Giants=Yankees of Japan) These following pictures are ones I've decided are the most interesting of the batch. Enjoy.



Baseball! The only other nation in the world that discovered the greatness that is baseball before the year 1900! Japanese baseball games are something which cannot be explained. It has to be experienced. It feels like American baseball, but it has some of its unique bits that American baseball does not possess. Such as cheerleaders, giant TV screens telling you when to cheer, nets stopping most line drives from entering the stands, and most of all, civil fans! Think of that! No swearing, no jeering, and no drunks! It’s the complete opposite of Fenway Park. Although it might sound too pacified, it is still







Miki (one of two host sisters) and I are riding the oldest working train in Japan at Meijimura. This train dates back to the 1870's and ran on the first trainline in Japan that went from Yokohama to Tokyo. If you ever end up in Japan, Meijimura is a place of sheer natural and architectural beauty that exists no where else within Japan.


*** More pictures to come soon! I've only gotten 3 hours of sleep in almost the last 48 hours, so I'm heading off to bed at an early 9:33 PM. Good night!


No comments: